Federal Data and
Back to Top
Federal Budget Publications and The Economic Report of the President
- Posted by the Office of Management & Budget. Budget documents are available for viewing or downloading in PDF format. Also, many budget tables are available as spreadsheet files. You may search selected documents on-line.
- Department of Agriculture
- Economic Research Service
The official government source for economic analysis and information on agriculture, food, natural resources, and rural America.
- Rural and Community Development
Information on housing, community development, rural economic development and empowerment zones/enterprise communities. Initiatives from the Office of Community Development (OCD), and information on OCD publications.
- Department of Commerce
Bureau of Economic Analysis
BEA is the Nation's accountant, integrating and interpreting a tremendous volume of data to draw a complete and consistent picture of the U.S. economy. BEA's economic accounts national, regional, and international provide information on such key issues as economic growth, regional development, and the Nation's position in the world economy.
Census Bureau Home Page
The preeminent collector and provider of timely, relevant, and quality data about the people and economy of the United States.
- State and Metropolitan Area Data Book 1997-98
- in Adobe PDF format. Contains a collection of statistics on social and economic conditions in the United States at the State and metropolitan area levels. Selected data for component counties and central cities of metropolitan areas are also included.
- Statistical Abstracts of the United States
- in Adobe PDF format.
- CenStats Databases
- Data from several of the Census Bureau surveys including: Annual Survey of Manufacturers, Census Tract Street Locator, USA Counties, County Business Patterns, and Detailed Occupation by Race, Hispanic Origin and Sex.
- Census Map Gallery
- This gallery offers sample map products designed and made available by the United States Census Bureau
- Housing and Household Economic Statistics
State Data Centers
National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
- The official government resource for U.S. scientific, technical, engineering, and business-related information
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Administration for Children and Families
The Administration for Children and Families (ACF), within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is responsible for federal programs which promote the economic and social well-being of families, children, individuals, and communities
- U.S. Welfare caseload numbers
- Health Care Financing Administration
- The Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) is a federal agency within the Department of Health and Human Services. It was created in 1977 to administer the Medicare and Medicaid programs -- two national health care programs that benefit more that 72 million beneficiaries.
- Statistics and data from HCFA
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
Policy Development and Research/HUD USER
- PD&R is responsible for maintaining current information on housing needs, market conditions, and existing programs, as well as conducting research on priority housing and community development issues.
Data Sets available from HUD USER
- Department of the Interior
Department of Labor
Bureau of Labor Statistics
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is the principal fact-finding agency for the Federal Government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics. It has a dual role as the statistical arm of the Department of Labor and as an independent national statistical agency that collects, processes, analyzes, and disseminates sensitive economic and statistical data to the American public, Congress, other Federal agencies, State and local governments, business, and labor.
Employment and Training Administration - Dept. of Labor
Welfare-to-Work from the Employment and Training Administration of the Dept. of Labor
Department of State
Current per diem rates for foreign travel as published by the Department of State.
- Department of Transportation
- National Transportation Statistics Online 1999 (Bureau of Transportation Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Transportation)
- Transportation Statistics Annual Report (Bureau of Transportation Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Transportation)
- A companion to NTS, in PDF format, for 1994-present.
- Department of Treasury
- Department of Veterans Affairs
U.S. Congress Information via GPO
- Searchable publication databases authorized for dissemination to the public via GPO Access. The origin of these databases begins with the Legislative process in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate.
- U.S. Congressional Directory
- The Joint Committee on Printing established the practice of producing periodic online interim issues of the Congressional Directory to ensure the public's access to current Congressional information. The frequency of these online revisions is determined by the volume of changes submitted for incorporation. No printed counterpart exists for these online publication revisions.
- U.S. House of Representatives
- House Committee on Ways and Means
Committee on Ways and Means Committee Prints and Other Related Publications
- The 1997 Blue Book : Overview and Compilation of U.S. Trade Statutes
- Allows keyword searches of the 105th Congress Ways and Means Committee Prints of the 1997 Blue Book.
- The Green Book : Background Material and Data on Programs Within the Jurisdiction of the Committee on Ways and Means (2000, 1998 and 1996)
- Allows keyword searches of the House Committee on Ways and Means Committee Prints, 104th, 105th and 106th Congress.
- Compilation of the Social Security Laws : Including the Social Security Act, as Amended, and Related Enactments through January 1, 1999
- U.S. Senate
General Accounting Office
- The General Accounting Office is the investigative arm of Congress. Charged with examining matters relating to the receipt and disbursement of public funds, GAO performs audits and evaluations of Government programs and activities.
Reports and testimony
Comptroller General decisions
Library of Congress
- Legislative information on the internet from the Library of Congress
- Congressional Research Service (CRS) Reports
- CRS, which is a department of the Library of Congress, works exclusively as a nonpartisan analytical, research, and reference arm for Congress. This site was created to compile links to the many CRS reports that are accessible via the web.
U.S. Government Printing Office
Office of the Federal Register, N.A.R.A. provided by the Government Printing Office
- Searchable online versions of the Federal Register, the Code of Federal Regulations and the U.S. Government Manual.
Back to Top
Agency for International Development
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is the independent government agency that provides economic development and humanitarian assistance to advance U.S. economic and political interests overseas.
- Environmental Protection Agency
- General Services Administration
Federal Acquisition Regulations online
The List of Parties Excluded from Federal Procurement and Nonprocurement Programs
- National Science Foundation
- Office of Personnel Management
- Small Business Administration
Social Security Administration
Social Security Administration Office of Research, Evaluation, and Statistics
- United States Information Agency
Back to Top
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
- A government-wide compendium of Federal programs, projects, services, and activities which provide assistance or benefits to the American public. It contains financial and nonfinancial assistance programs administered by departments and establishments of the Federal government.
- Commerce Business Daily
- Daily notice sections stay in the database for 15 days and then are moved to an "archived" database.
- Constitution of the United States
- Full-text and searchable.
- Documents in the News
- Documents in the News identifies issues about government making news headlines and web sources with additional information -- broken down by topic -- maintained by the University of Michigan Government Documents Center.
- Federally Funded Research in the U.S.
- Links to databases containing the names and addresses of principal investigators, grant titles and abstracts for federally funded research at the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, Small Business Innovation Research and the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture.
- Federal Web Locator
- A comprehensive collection of federal agencies' and departments' web sites. Maintained by the Center for Information Law and Policy at the Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Federal Directory from the Government Information Xchange
Federal Government Periodicals Online
- This continuously updated and reindexed resource provides access to full-text periodicals placed online by the federal government. Publications are accessible by title, sudoc number, and subject.
Federal Yellow Pages
- More than 70 agencies in the United States Federal Government produce statistics of interest to the public. The Federal Interagency Council on Statistical Policy maintains this site to provide easy access to the full range of statistics and information produced by these agencies for public use.
Government Information Sharing Project provided by Oregon State University
Government Information Xchange
Uncle Sam : Government Documents Migrating to the Internet
- Site operated by the Government Publications Department of the University of Memphis to track printed government publications that are migrating to the Internet by identifying URLs and linking them directly to the electronic documents.
- United States Government Manual, 1998-1999, 1997-1998, 1996-1997, 1995-1996
- Official handbook of the Federal government. Provides comprehensive information on the legislative, judicial and executive branches; on quasi-official agencies; on international organizations in which the US participates; and on boards, commissions, and committees. Search individual volumes or across all three.
Vote Smart Web
- A one-stop shopping center for political information on the web.
- White House Electronic Publications
- Browse and retrieve press releases and recent policy briefings, weekly presidential speeches, and more. Subscribe to daily publications and issue updates through e-mail.
Congressional Record Index 1983-present
Constitutions, Statutes, and Codes
Judicial Opinions (Federal and State)
LII's Eye on the Courts : Newsworthy Decisions Available on the Net
Meta-Index for U.S. Legal Research
Regulations (Federal and State)
Thomas: Legislative Information on the Internet
From the Library of Congress
U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
Back to Top