CALL FOR PAPERS
Dear Members and Friends of the National Economic Association (NEA),
The National Economic Association invites proposals for sessions and papers to be presented at the annual meetings of the Allied Social Science Association (ASSA).
DATE: January 7-9, 2022
PLACE: Boston, MA
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 15, 2021
Proposals for complete sessions are preferred, along with the name(s) of organizers who will take primary responsibility for communicating with session participants. Please upload proposals to https://nea.submittable.com/submit/. Full session proposals are desired.
Presentation requires NEA membership.
Program Chair, Valerie Wilson, will help organize sessions. Sessions on any topic will be considered with special attention given to full session proposals. Preference will be given to sessions (and papers) that come with potential discussants.
We are especially interested in sessions on the following topics:
The Role of Macroeconomic and Tax Policy in Addressing Racial Economic Inequality
Making the Goal of Racial Equity a Reality: Defining the Problems, Identifying Metrics, and Designing Solutions
Lessons Learned in Crisis: Pandemic, Recession and Social Uprising
Critical Intersections of Progressive Policy: Worker’s Rights, Racial Justice, Gender Justice & Immigration
Causes and consequences of the economics of these and related issues on the Black Community and Communities of Color:
*Criminal Justice Issues: Incarceration, Policing, and Reforms
*Higher Education Issues
*Issues in Health Economics: Health Care, Health Coverage, and Community Health
*Income and Wealth Disparities
Session proposals should include the following:*
1. Session Title and Abstract (250 word limit)**
2. Primary & two secondary JEL classification codes that best describe the panel
3. Name of session organizer and session chair.
4. Titles and abstracts of proposed session papers (250 word limit each)
5. At least three (3) potential discussants
6. Contact information and affiliations of organizer, chair, each author, and each discussant. Send their full name, title, affiliation, and email address. Please identify the presenter for co-authored papers. This information is essential.
7. Format for any submission is strictly MS Word.
*Single paper submissions are also considered. Please include author’s contact information, JEL classification codes, abstract and a potential discussant.
**Note that panels and roundtable sessions need only submit one abstract for the entire session. Paper sessions must submit abstracts for each paper.